Due to a low response to the invitation to contribute to the ‘My Favourite …’ stall in support of the work of the World Council of Churches the stall has been cancelled. You may like to make a personal donation online or respond to the invitation to contribute to a retiring offering on Sunday.
Combined and Reflective services
On 30th September, fifth Sunday in the month, we will be worshipping with the Brunswick Indonesian UC congregation at 5pm. Our morning service will be reflective in shape and style and include a celebration of Holy Communion. Morning Tea will not be provided after worship as a meal will be shared after the evening service.
More than Cut & Paste
A new Collage Workshop will be starting at the Youth Hall at the Brunswick Uniting Church. There will be five sessions, in which some of the background of this technique which led other artists to connect to their society in social, political and aesthetic ways will be considered. The first session is on Sunday 30th September, 11am-1:30pm.
Deepening Faith 2018
Faith Reflection and Bible Study – Final evening, Thursday 27 September, 7:00pm for soup and bread. At the Manse, 60 Blyth St, Brunswick. Questions and/or RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
Death in October
Death in October is a four week series being offered on Thursdays in Octoberby the Discipleship & Education Committee.
- Death over Dinner – Bring and share a meal on Thursday 4th October, 7pm in the Olive Way
- Voluntary Assisted Dying Forum – Q&A with an expert on the Victorian legislation, a theologian and a pastoral educator on Thursday 11th October, 7:30pm in the Church.
- Advanced Care Planning Workshop – You decide who decides – be open, be ready, be heard – guidance in preparing an advanced care plan on Thursday 18th October, 7:30pm in the Olive Way
- Grief & Loss – An experiential session to reflect on your losses – a safe and loving place to just be on Thursday 25th October, 7pm in the Church.
The October & November rosters will be prepared over the next couple of weeks. If you would like to get involved in supporting the ‘work of worship’ either up front or behind the scenes please email email@example.com for more information.
October Olive Branch
The October Olive Branch will be published on Sunday 30th September. Please email your reports, stories, news, notices, photos and any other contribution to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24th September. Thank you and if you have any questions please just ask.
PIEN Speaking Tour
Our congregation is a major sponsor of this important tour, organised by the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network. See the latest PIEN update for a message from the speaker Areej.
All details of the PIEN tour (7th-27th October) are available here including three dates in Melbourne (including one hosted by us!!):
- 10th October at 8.00pm – Spirituality in the Pub, The Pumphouse Hotel, 128 Nicholson St, Fitzroy (opp. Carlton Gardens). Meals available at Pub from 6.00pm.
- 17th October at 7:15pm sign in for 7:30pm start – Live Webinar through Ridley College, open to the public. Prior registration required.
- 21st October at 9.30am – Church service at Brunswick Uniting Church. Areej will speak at a forum after worship, the forum will conclude with time for lunch and further discussion.
Wider Church News
Know your soil
A workshop for seniors on Wednesday 10th October, 10am-12noon, at the Simply Living Community Garden, offered by the Port Melbourne Uniting Church