PIEN Fundraising Dinner
A few weeks ago I attended a great online Palestinian cooking class, organised by PIEN, the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network. Now, I am keen to practise my new skills, so early in the New Year, I will be organising a small Palestinian dinner at our place. It won’t be a big group, but the idea is to share some Palestinian food (hopefully nicely cooked) and have an informal conversation about Palestine. It will also be a fundraiser for PIEN, but don’t feel pressured by that.
Please let me know if you would like to be involved. It will probably be on a Friday evening, sometime in late January or February. Anyone is welcome, but numbers are limited, so please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks! Tim Budge, 0412 051 574
A young person connected to Castlemaine Uniting Church is moving to Melbourne for work, and he is looking for a room to rent. His name is Alex. His mum, Julie, knows Gordon and Abi Bannon. Alex has a job at a cafe in Collingwood, and is currently commuting back and forth to Castlemaine. He is flexible with the living situation – age-range, house / flat / granny flat. His mum says that he’s a quiet young fella.
If you know of a room, PM or text me for details on 0417 310 128. Feel free to share this with others you know.
Wider Church News
UC National News, 15-21/12
- President’s Christmas Message – A message of hope
- Day of Mourning, resource available
- Act2: who’s sharing their insights with us?
- Share the Joy with the Assembly Circles
- Church leaders share their Christmas messages
- A little pig goes a long way
- And more …
JOIN US IN PRAYER FOR:
- Those impacted by the latest outbreaks of COVID-19 in the community, including those who are ill, health workers and others caring for them, and those who will need to isolate over the Christmas period.
- Vaccine equity across the world and for more ambitious investment in programs to deliver vaccines in low income countries.
- Our church partners across the Pacific, Africa and Asia who are working to break the cycle of poverty, create gender equity, enact climate justice and respond to disasters.