At the recent Congregational meeting it was valuable to be questioned and reflect upon the importance of how we Pastorally care for each other in our ever changing diverse community.
The model of Pastoral Care that Brunswick Uniting initially implemented in 2014 after several months of wonderful seminars and planning sessions, and which was then reviewed in 2020/21 affirmed BUC’s desire to offer care in meaningful ways that reflect in the saving work of the Good Shepherd through:
- extending Jesus Christ’s hospitality,
- living out his compassion
- and building up his community.
Our current Pastoral Care structure creates both a shape for our caring and an accountability to one another to enable our Pastoral Care desire to be actively lived. The principles of our caring are:
- Hospitality – pastoral care that welcomes people into community,
- Compassion – the care of people in times of challenge,
- Community – sustaining and building Christian community where we can each fully live out who we are.
- Oversight – offers pastoral care to the above teams through mainly an administrative role, holding the teams together and providing a conduit of communication between the teams, to other BUC committees and to Church Council.
We thank everyone who is involved in the pastoral care teams but especially all those in our community who offer care in a myriad of ways