Out and About Group – You are invited to join us on Friday 20th October to visit Victorian Artists Gallery 430 Albert Street East Melbourne for the current exhibition FIVE. Meet at 11 am at the Gallery. Contact Helen Rowe for further details. email@example.com Out and About is a social group for older active people.
Fencing in Slovenia! Jane Allardice will be away most of October participating in the World Masters Fencing Championship in Maribor, Slovenia. There are 24 Australian men and women selected for the team and they come from all over Australia. Jane will be training in Paris, France, with about 6 other Australians prior to travelling on to Slovenia to meet up with the rest of the team for the competition.”
Lost – a key with a pink horse key ring has been lost in church. If found, please return to Saide Cameron or Julie McKinnon.
Also two keys have gone walk-about in the last few days. If you removed the Food Co-op Key and /or the photocopier key please return them to where you got them from as soon as possible. Thank you.
Discipleship & Education presents part 2 of the Spiritual Survival Guide Series 3 – Griefs Observed follow up session with Ann Soo & Jenne Perlstein on Thursdays 19th October.
Get ready for Ride or Walk to Worship on Sunday 15th October. After worship bikes & other non-motorized forms of transport will be blessed. Cyclists are invited to join the BUC Cycle Group for a pleasant ride to Temple Park, Gray St. Brunswick. Everyone else is invited to join them there for a Spring Picnic. Save the date, BYO picnic and join in the fun.
Before the picnic on Sunday 15th October BUC Arts will host an Open Studio session during morning tea. Join in the fun of being creative.
What does creativity mean to you?
Join us and explore your creativity in this arts exhibition at Brunswick Uniting Church. Explore visual arts and performance and have the opportunity to respond in your own way.
27 October to 5 November at 212 Sydney Rd Brunswick
Wider Church News
Uniting Church in Australia: ‘A People of God on the Way’
- Public forum: Sunday 15th October, from 3:00pm at the CTM Parkville, includes shared afternoon tea beforehand.
- Dr Deidre Palmer, President-Elect of the national Assembly, will explore the current and future shape of the Uniting Church.
- Rev Dr Geoff Thompson, established theologian of the Uniting Church, will address the Basis of Union as our continuing theological compass.
- Join these two national leaders for an afternoon forum to explore where the Uniting Church is heading, and how will we find our way together.
- FREE forum but please RSVP online for catering purposes
If you have any queries please contact us at the CTM via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9340-8800.