Worship on Sunday
We are changing the process for accessing worship from YouTube. The service will be initially be uploaded as private and then made public with the prelude at 9:25. This means that the service will not be searchable in advance. Please be ready on the Brunswick UC YouTube channel from 9:25 or any time afterwards.
Join Ian for conversation after worship – 10:30am on Zoom.
Refugee Week is 14th-20th June. The theme ‘Celebrating the Year of Welcome’ will be included in worship on 14th June. A display will be set up in the Tower Room Window next week.
World Wide Knit in Public Day – Yes, it’s ON.
Every second Saturday in June, we have a large fun all-day group in the Hall from the congregation and wider community. Boo-hoo, not this year. BUT on Saturday 13th June we are running THREE Zoom Knit Along sessions (10am- midday, 1pm-3pm and 3:30pm onward incl Zoom ‘pre-dinner drinks’) hosted by Ann, Natalie and Linda. Links can be found on Olive Pesto FaceBook Group page here
Also, we have a pleasurable little “Challenge” for you: the Walk, Knit, Chat in Public Activity.
This is NOT a Zoom activity.
You are invited, as individuals or with household members, to
- go for a gentle walk around their neighbourhood, carrying a ball of wool and knitting as you walk
- possibly using this activity as a chance to strike up a conversation (at an appropriate distance) with other walkers, or people at the coffee shop etc.
- even if no conversations are struck, the main aim – TO KNIT IN PUBLIC – and possibly toward a KOGO item is achieved.
- take a selfie or get someone to take a photo of you outside, with yarn and needles/ crochet hook, and post it on the OP BUC FB photo album
- maybe carry a spare ball of wool and a set of needles just in case someone expresses an interest
- maybe carry in your pocket copies of a link to our OP BUC FB page.