Act for Peace Christmas Bowl Appeal
Each week a link to a video for one of the projects being supported by the appeal will be provided. Please take the time to watch these videos, to learn about the important work being done by our partner churches around the world.
- Love thy neighbour, more
- Lighting up the darkness for Rohingya refugees, watch, read
- Thank you for being part of the Christmas Bowl, watch, read
Ian will be on leave from 31st December to 21st January.
- For any pastoral needs or concerns please contact Glenice Cook, 0414 319 649, or Leanne Salau, 0488 718 887 from the Pastoral Care Compassion Team
- For any other questions please contact Saide Cameron, 0407 096 743.
Preachers during January
During Ian’s leave we look forward to welcoming three fabulous preachers:
- 6th January – Graeme Garrett, celebrating Holy Communion
- 13th January – Sunny Chen
- 20th January – Peter Blair
Main hall floor to be repainted
The floor is being sanded from 9th to 16th January. The majority of the furniture will be stored in the Olive Way. The Olive Way program will be held in the Youth Hall during this week. The Property Committee will be looking for assistance from the movers and shakers in the congregation after worship on 6th January to move OW furniture into the Youth Hall and as much Hall furniture as possible into the Olive Way. Please contact Ray Cameron, 0407 096 743, to offer your assistance.
New subscribers welcome to With Love to the World 2019
Are you interested in having a quarterly daily devotion guide that provides a reflection on the next Sunday’s lectionary? Become a 2019 subscriber for $20. See Faye for details on payment before Sunday 13thJanuary
The Olive Way
reopens on Tuesday 8th January in the Youth Hall (just for one week while the hall floor is being sanded).
The Olive Arts Collective
Wishing everyone a lovely break over the festive season. We will start back in the Youth Hall of Brunswick Uniting Church on 23rd January 2019 at our usual time of 10am – 12noon.
On 16th January, we will visit the NGV and view the Escher exhibition.
- Meet at Brunswick Uniting Church at 10.30am and travel as a group by tram (19) to Flinders Station and walk to NGV
- Meet us in the NGV at 11.30am – water feature at the entrance of NGV.
Any questions contact Ann on 0422 842 244.
Food Co-op News
The Committee has CANCELLED Food Co-op for 19th January because the floors of the church halls will be sanded and resurfaced in January. Our Food Co-op meeting space is required to store the furniture while the floor sanding is in progress.
Asylum seekers in detention and in our community
All who are sick, receiving treatment or in care
People staying home for the summer
All who are lonely and alone
Students waiting for tertiary offers
All who suffer poor mental health and their carers and families
Our planet & all she holds