All Saints Day & Holy Communion
On Sunday 3rd November we will be acknowledging All Saints Day during worship. There will be an opportunity to remember and celebrate the saints in your life by placing a photo or special object on a shared installation. We will gather around this remembrance of these special people in our celebration of Holy Communion. If you have any questions please call Saide Cameron, 0407 096 743.
Bring a plate to share – Morning Tea
Please bring a plate to share for morning tea on the 1st Sunday of the month – 3rd November, also the day we celebrate Holy Communion.
Add a label if your contribution is gluten free, vegan, contains nuts or any other specific details you think we need to know. Our morning tea helpers will set everything up, serve tea & coffee and clean up afterwards.
If you want to join the Morning Tea or Morning Tea Helper roster please let Saide know, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian on Leave
Ian will be on leave from 21st October to 5th November.
3rd November – We will welcome Fiona Bottcher, member of our congregation and exit candidate for the Ministry of Deacon as our preacher.Fiona was recently approved for ordination by the Presbytery.Janet Reus-Smit, member of our congregation and retired minister, will preside over Holy Communion.
Pop-up Op Shop
Helen Burnham is hosting another instalment of our famous FUNdraising Op Shops. It’s time to clear out your wardrobe, cupboards and other places where treasure lurks. Bring them along and place them neatly in the Tower Room (near where taper lighting happens during worship). Helen will sort them and display them ready for you to purchase other people’s treasures. It’s all happening for two more Sundays – 3rd & 10th November. We’re FUNdraising for the CYYA grounds beautification project(s).
An opportunity to meet to ‘Talk Faith’
Do you have questions that need answering? Do you have answers that need questioning? Do you want to share the company of the children of God and explore faith together? Come and delve into the bible and traditions of faith, engage with the practices that unite (and sometimes divide) us, grow in your relationship with God and your church a little or a lot. Come and talk faith on Thursday 14th November, 7:30 pm @ The Manse (60 Blyth St, Brunswick). Informal discussion about a bible passage, time to get to know each other. Let Ian know if you would like to attend, 0438 547 842.
Nominations for the role of Elder and member of the Church Council open on Thursday 31st November closing on Sunday 10th November. Please collect a nomination form here or from Saide at worship.
- The Church Council is made of 10 Elders (confirmed members or members-in-association of the congregation) together with the Minister of the Word.
- The Council has oversight of the ministry and mission of the congregation and is served in this week by an extensive committee structure.
- Seven of the current serving Elders have offered to re-nominate for a further term.
- People offering to nominate are asked to indicate their preferred term of service (from one to five years).
- The nomination form requires one person to nominate and another to second that nomination, the nominee must also sign the form.
- Forms are to be returned to Saide Cameron (Congregation Secretary) either in person or be email: email@example.com
- Nominees will be asked to respond to three questions which will become a profile to share with the congregation along with the agenda for the meeting which will be emailed on Sunday 17th November.
- The election will be held during our Congregational Meeting after worship on Sunday 24th November. Nominees must receive a majority of votes from those participating in the election to be declared elected.
If you have any questions please call Saide, 0407 096 743.
Creating a Share home
Are you interested in creating a Share home in Melbourne’s north with people who identify as Christian and share like minded values including creating connections, sharing property and cleaning and living sustainably. Mae would love to hear from anyone who wants to share this adventure in 2020. Read more here.