Thank you from the worship committee
We met for a brief Zoom meeting on Wednesday to reflect on worship during Advent and Christmas before discussing our plans for worship in January. We want to say thank you to so many people for everything offered during our time apart:
- Music Coordinators – Elaine Potter, Alistair Hunter, Natalie Sims, Shawn Whelan for the months of recording our amazing repertoire of recorded music and especially the beautiful Christmas Carol recordings
- Elaine and Julia Potter for the beautiful choral items offered in the Christmas Eve services
- Musicians and vocalists – too many to name however their names were on the orders of services sent out each week
- Everyone who has offered Candle Lighting, Acknowledgement of Country, Children’s Times, Bible Readings and Prayers of the People for our recorded services
- Faye Findlay, Helen Burnham, Saide Cameron, Philippa Hamilton-Smith for contributing plants for the Advent garden
- Hannah Friebel for her prayerful dance response in the Blue Christmas service
- Caitlin Mullen-Beagley, Dave Hall, Tameka Brown and all the young people who offered us a wonderful Pageant adventure in Pageant Pandemic
- David Cameron, Ray Cameron and Shawn Whelan for compiling the services for YouTube
- Chris Magee for filming parts of the services and especially for Christmas Eve Carols and Candlelight
- the Live Stream Task Group – David Cameron, Ray Cameron, Chris Magee, Shawn Whelan
We will celebrate Holy Communion together for the first time in many months on 3rd January. This celebration will be offered in line with COVID safe requirements.
We will welcome Rev. Narelle Collas as our preacher on 10th January. Narelle is on of our Presbytery ministers.
The January worship roster has been prepared. There are gaps on the sound desk and laptop operator rosters – we’d love to have people to join these rosters. Please contact email@example.com to find out what is involved and/or to offer your support.
Olive Way reopens
The Olive Way will reopen in a COVID safe environment on Wednesday 20th January. Please contact Peter Blair, Olive Way Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org after 10th January if you are interested in offering to volunteer and support this ministry in a time of transition.
Wider Church News
Synod e-news update
The final newsletter for 2020 published 17/12 included
- Moderator’s Christmas message – Rev. Denise Liersch offers her message reflecting on the the Christmas Carol ‘O little town of Bethlehem‘ which she says can light the way for us this Christmas season
- Presidents Pastoral letter – read more
- Change the Heart prayer service – 25th January
- Day of Mourning 2021 – read more
Presbytery of Port Philip West
The final edition for 2020 offers reflections on the theme ‘A thrill of hope’, news about Advent around the presbytery and a COVID checklist.