Worship this week
The worship space remains closed, however our worship service will be live-streamed from the worship space with pre-recorded segments. It will be available on YouTube on 17/10.
Olive Way Operations Co-ordinator
In response to the recent Olive Way review a new role has been developed. See Future Directions for details. Applications are now called for the role of Olive Way Operations Co-ordinator. Applications close on 31st October. The three year position commences on 1st January 2022. Please share this opportunity with your network.
Our much delayed welcoming ceremony is moving online. We usually offer two welcoming ceremonies each year. These are an opportunity for people who have recently become part of our community name Brunswick Uniting Church as their spiritual home. Lockdowns have prevented this from happening. The worship committee has decided not to wait until it is possible to offer this ceremony in person. Join us for a fun Welcoming Ceremony Zoom Chat after worship on 24th October.
Join us for a Visual Arts Exhibition and program of events from 5th-15th November. Emergence will be offered in-person where possible and in a virtual format. The Opening Night will be offered on Zoom. Details for the Performance Evening will be confirmed closer to the date. A reminder that submissions are required by 17th October and we’d love to hear from anyone who is available to volunteer to assist with a range of tasks to support the exhibition.
Wider Church News
If you enjoy talking about good, provocative or emotional films, come to Film Chat. We will watch films in our own time then gather on Zoom to talk about them with drinks and snacks if you so choose. The roster of films chats is attached along with details of where you might find them
UC National News, 13-19/10
- The question of reopening, more
- #Uniting4Climate, Take action this weekend
- A gesture of welcome, more
- Liturgy of Acknowledgement and Lament, Anniversary liturgy
- Partnering fro double recovery from disaster and pandemic
JOIN US IN PRAYER FOR:
- The people of Lebanon as they struggle with extended power blackouts, a failing economy and as they continue to support Syrian refugees who have arrived there. We also pray for the Lebanese community in Australia and UCA members who are supporting their families and communities in Lebanon.
- Communities in Australia as they emerge from lockdown and churches as they discern ways to re-open their buildings.
- The work of UnitingWorld and our church partners who are supporting communities facing disaster and the impact of COVID-19.