Good Friday lunch
One of the much loved BUC traditions is gathering after worship for soup and hot cross buns. In the absence of this community gathering the Pastoral Care Community Team invites you to share lunch in your homes and share the experience virtually with our community. Make a pot of your favourite soup in preparation. Take a photo or two (of your soup and maybe even you and/or your family enjoying it) and post it/them on Facebook with the name of the soup. If you are not yet a member of our Facebook Group please consider requesting membership or simply email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Second-hand Mobile Phones
The Olive Way has had to close but we are seeking to help participants maintain social solidarity and access to information.
Some people do not have a mobile phone so we are endeavouring to provide them to the vulnerable ones.
We would like working mobile phones with chargers.
They will be given away as a gift.
We are seeking other funding to purchase sim cards for these mobiles.
Please called Peter Blair on 0404948943 and he will give you details of where to drop off your donation.
Thanks in anticipation, Richard Arnold
In this time of physical isolation pastoral care is a high priority. The Pastoral Care Committee encourages us all to play our part. Here are some ways that we can support each other:
- members of committees and existing programs are encouraged to contact each regularly
- we are delivering food to vulnerable people and families, if you can help out please let us know
- for people are self isolating you might like to offer do shopping for them
- you can call people who are not part of programs and groups just to have a chat
- offer to connect with people who live alone
- find out how you can support the Olive Way Ministry
If you are interested in being involved in any of the above please contact Gwen Arnold, 0413 047 938 or Peter Blair for the Olive Way, 0431 193 810.