The Trigg family thank all those who expressed their goodwill to Una on her 90th birthday last Sunday. Our address from Nov. 11 will be: 78 Bruce St., Preston 3072. We hope you enjoyed the home-made cake! Wesley & Una
Pop-up Op Shop
Helen Burnham is hosting another instalment of our famous FUNdraising Op Shops. It’s time to clear out your wardrobe, cupboards and other places where treasure lurks. Bring them along and place them neatly in the Tower Room (near where taper lighting happens during worship). Helen will sort them and display them ready for you to purchase other people’s treasures. It’s all happening for one last Sundays – 10th November. We’re FUNdraising for the CYYA grounds beautification project(s).
The fun begins on Sunday 10th November after worship and will continue each Sunday through until Christmas Eve. We’re excited. More information next week about how you can support the preparations for our pageant.
An opportunity to meet to ‘Talk Faith’
Do you have questions that need answering? Do you have answers that need questioning? Do you want to share the company of the children of God and explore faith together? Come and delve into the bible and traditions of faith, engage with the practices that unite (and sometimes divide) us, grow in your relationship with God and your church a little or a lot. Come and talk faith on Thursday 14th November, 7:30 pm @ The Manse (60 Blyth St, Brunswick). Informal discussion about a bible passage, time to get to know each other. Let Ian know if you would like to attend, 0438 547 842.
Exploring faith / confirmation sessions:
For those aged 15 to 22, Ian is offering some excellent pizza nights, exploring the Christian faith, asking the big questions and getting a clearer understanding of Christ Emmanuel – God with us. It may lead you to consider confirmation. 6:30pm on Thursday 21 Nov, 28 Nov and Dec 5 at the Manse: 60 Blyth St, Brunswick. Contact Ian directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is invited to stay on after worship for our Congregational Meeting on Sunday 24th November. The agenda will include the Election of Elders and a presentation of a resolution from the BUC Climate Action Group. An agenda together with profiles of the nominees for the position of Elder will be distributed on Sunday 17th November.
Nominations for the role of Elder and member of the Church Council opened on Thursday 31st October and will close on Sunday 10th November. Please collect a nomination form here or from Saide at worship.
- The Church Council is made of 10 Elders (confirmed members or members-in-association of the congregation) together with the Minister of the Word.
- The Council has oversight of the ministry and mission of the congregation and is served in this week by an extensive committee structure.
- Seven of the current serving Elders have offered to re-nominate for a further term.
- People offering to nominate are asked to indicate their preferred term of service (from one to three years).
- The nomination form requires one person to nominate and another to second that nomination, the nominee must also sign the form.
- Forms are to be returned to Saide Cameron (Congregation Secretary) either in person or be email: email@example.com
If you have any questions please call Saide, 0407 096 743.
Mainstream and Margins
Did you attend the Mainstream & Margins workshop in July 2018? Church Council is interested in receiving some feedback about your experience. It is particularly relevant now that some time has passed. We would like to review your lasting impressions. We would be really grateful if you could reply with answers to the following questions:
- Do you still remember what you learnt?
- Has your behaviour changed since the workshop?
- Do you have any other reflections /ideas that you think may be helpful in ensuring our mindfulness at BUC of “Welcome and inclusion of all”?
Please send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in anticipation.
Climate Action News
BUC Climate Action group
Members of the congregation of all ages are invited to join and help lead this group. The next meeting will be after worship at 11am on Sunday 17th November as the group prepares to declare a Climate Emergency and what this might mean for our properties and lifestyle at Brunswick Uniting. If you would like to join please contact Richard on email@example.com or mobile 0407796429.