The Children, Youth & Young Adult Committee seeks to make our congregation, our church a child and youth friendly place, to ensure that children and youth are part of our church and are represented.
They want to create a social environment in which the various age groups can grow up together, with space and time to relate to each other as their faith grows and develops. In creating this space they want to honour children’s spirituality, to share the stories of the faith tradition and to use a variety of interpretive tools to assist this process.
The committee seeks to value our young people by engaging them in Christian education that will hopefully nurture their relationship with God in a way that is relevant to their own experience, and also provide opportunities for relationships with adults they would not normally speak with.
The committee provides support to all people engaged in ministry with the children & young people in our congregation. The committee has oversight of:
- The Student House Program with the support of the Student House Management Committee
- Sunday Morning Program
- YUCY (Youth of the Uniting Church Yay) program for Years 7-10 and 11-12 age groups
See also Growing in Faith
For more information contact Ian (0438 547 842) or Anita (0424 034 096)
Members of our Children & Youth related committees & programs are:
- CY&YA committee: Anita Brown-Major, Catherine Drimmel, Ian Ferguson (Minister), Anika Jensen (Student House Co-ordinator), David Moorhouse, Rachel U’Ren
- Student House Committee: James Balsillie, Ian Ferguson (Minister), Kimberly Fraser, Colin Hunter, Anika Jensen (Co-ordinator), Courtney Rhode, Ann Soo
- Student House Program: to be advised for 2018
- Youth Group (YUCY) (Yr 7-10): Brianna Bartley, Michael Cameron, Anika Jensen (Co-ordinator)