Brunswick Uniting Church is a ‘community of communities’ that has a place for everyone. Each person can join the groups or activities that suit them, contributing in their own unique way to BUC, and to God’s mission within and beyond the church.
Sunday morning worship is the beating heart of our community of communities. Not everyone involved in our church attends worship, but worship feeds out into everything else we do.
On Sunday morning we:
- Worship together
- Run a Sunday Morning Program for children and teenagers
- Catch up with friends and get to know new people over morning tea in the hall, with a themed cafe style gathering once a term
- Provide fun activities for children after worship (e.g. chalk drawing, table tennis, hulahoops)
- Share lunch together once a quarter (although groups of us go out to a local café to continue our conversation after worship most weeks!).
- Hold occasional working bees to maintain our beautiful property
We nurture and encourage opportunities for pastoral interactions and growth in relationship and community through new and existing groups and programs.
Other ways to be involved in community beyond Sunday morning include:
As a Christian community we understand the pastoral care we offer each other as being an expression of the love and care that God has first offered each of us. Our threefold vision for pastoral care encompasses:
- Hospitality – welcoming and engaging with newcomers
- Compassion – responding immediately and in ongoing ways to practical, spiritual and emotional needs and pastoral crises
- Community – sustaining and building connections, providing oversight of and support for all the different ways we gather
If you’re logged in as a member, have a look at our Three fold vision for Pastoral Care for more information.
Developing relationships is central to the building of community within and beyond our walls.
- Art Stop
- The Asylum Seeker Welcome Centre
- Brunswick Indonesian Uniting Church
- BUC Food Co-op
- The other Christian Churches of Brunswick – we have close relationships with Sophia’s Spring Uniting, St. Ambrose Catholic, Christ Church Anglican, Brunswick Baptists, Brunswick Salvation Army Corps
- Interfaith organisations and initiatives link, still to come
- Stewart Lodge
- We host regular users of our property